Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ugh

For the first time in months, I was unhappy with my co-workers today. That really just threw off the rest of my day, so I was in a slightly annoyed mood all day. lol That's always awesome.

Anyway, what happened. I'll start by saying that there's a regular crew of people that usually works mornings. Out of that group there are only 2 or 3 of them that are female (myself included). Now, the guys I work with are great most of the time. They're funny and they're always joking around. Unfortunately, the longer the newer members of that group work at my store, the closer knit the guys get. So all this week I got stuck working with the "Boys' Club", getting stuck in a proverbial corner and ignored, while they all played around.

At least when Shadday or Emily are around, I can talk to them. Although, both Shadday and Emily are included in "Boys' Club" because they're pretty skinny girls... But, I can still talk to the girls. I don't blame either of them. Just the boys for being chauvinistic jerks.

So today, I just got a little tired of being excluded. So I made a comment on something that David and Shawn were talking about. What does David say?
"Well, see I was talking to Shawn."
And Shawn? "Yeah, you shouldn't comment on conversations that you aren't included in."

Yeah.


Needless to say, I was stung and irritated and upset. Because I knew they were "teasing" but that didn't change what they'd said. And I don't really have anyone to talk to about it. I can't talk to my boss, because he's part of the group, and it's not like it has anything to do with work. Shawn apologized in a completely laughingly insincere way, which just frustrated me more. So I don't really know what to do.

I hate feeling isolated and excluded... I already have hardly anyone to talk to outside of work. Just Lou and Jon, and I feel like I cling to them way too much as it is.

So. There's my day. Kind of shitty, but after I got home things were good. So there ya go.

In other news, got OkGo's first cd and it's fabulous. I love it and I will listen on repeat for forever. lol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You don't seem clingy to me. Seems like maybe you were just having a bad day. OkGo fixes bad days, so I think you're all set. :)