Tuesday, February 12, 2008

People

So, todays weather has been terrifically horrible. lol Everything is covered in a layer of ice that's really just fucking things up.

But anyway! Today I was reminded about how alternatingly awesome and immature the human race is. First? The immature. I was getting gas today, and you know how the cashiers can yell at people over the intercom. Well, I wanna know where this one old guy was from, because he seemed to be surprised that if you were paying with cash, you had to pre-pay. And he wasn't surprised in an "Oh! Really? I'm sorry, that's my fault. I didn't read the sign directly in front of my face."

No, this was surprised as in screaming at the cashier FROM the pump basically incoherently, and then afterwards going inside to yell at the cashier directly about how "He was GOING to buy something else in the gas station, but NOW! It's just stupid. Stupid stupid. Where's your bathroom?!"

lol To make it more awesome, there's the wife of the asshole, nudging his arm all "It's back there, Now Shush!" lol Epic.

Now for the awesome people.

Like I said, everything is covered in ice. That includes my car. So when I got to said gas station, the latch that opens my gas tank door was frozen solid. So after maybe 15-20 minutes standing out in the cold trying to jimmy and pry it open with my keys, this great gentleman at the next pump over comes and tries to help me out. He ended up using a hunting knife, which made me a little nervous.. Didn't want the guy to cut himself helping me out. Anyway, before he tried that he said, "Now you promise that if this breaks the door, you won't sue me or anything."

I just laughed and pointed to my car, "Don't worry, my car's a piece of junk, so it won't really matter."

Anyway, it worked! So I got my gas, continued to be annoyed and amused by the asshole and now I'm home. And I'm not going to leave again until tomorrow morning.

Now! Naptime.