Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas time

Greetings from Boulder Colorado! Everyone's out shopping and being generally busy, so I figured now'd be a good time to get on.

So, we got here on Friday. Then immediately went shopping, which was my own decision. Saturday consisted of hanging out around the condo, wrapping presents and taking my little cousin Kylie sledding. That was a lot of fun, actually. Kylie's pretty much adorable.

Today, I really want to get out, but I can't because we don't have a freaking car. It's driving me crazy. I hate having to rely on people for rides, especially my grandparents. Because as much as I love them, I just want to get away from family for a while. And right now I feel really disconnected and I'm developing a bad case of cabin fever. I'd ask Pau Pau if I could just take his car, but of COURSE seeing as how I've only been here almost every year of my life, I have No IDEA how to get anywhere. (Insert sarcasm here)

And there just isn't anything to do. I've read my books. I don't really want to veg out and watch movies (although I probably will pop in the home movies a little later). That pretty much leaves sleep and staring blankly out the window. blah.

Tonight will be a nice reprieve. We're going out for dinner for Mom's birthday, and then afterwards we're having cake at my aunt Susan's house. So maybe that will help.

On a side note, I miss home. It's nice to not be working. And it's nice to be in Colorado, but I miss the familiarity of home right now. And I don't know why. I think that's part of the reason I'm kind of down today. Meh... What I wouldn't give for some rp about now. lol

Alright. Enough whining. On the positive note, it's gorgeous outside today. Bright bright blue skies with fluffy white clouds and the Rockies. It's even a little warm (for december in colorado lol). Maybe I will ask PauPau if I can borrow his car...

Alright then. I'm off. Happy Christmas everyone, in case you don't get a phone call.

No comments: